Wednesday 20 March 2013

[REVIEW] Glam Works Lip and Cheek Tint in Peach Pink and Strawberry Red

I've been really obsess with lip and cheek tints these past few months. I've been loving it since I learned about them. My first one was actually Ever Bilena's Evera Lip and Cheek Tint in Redd but I never liked the smell and the taste(I know, I shouldn't be tasting it but it is a lip product!) so I searched for more lip and cheek tints.

Lip and cheek tints are obviously, for lips and cheeks. If you want a more natural look and you're afraid that your lipstick would ruin it, then, they're the best items that you could get. It's not as heavy as lipsticks, not too light like a tinted lip balm and not as glossy as lip gloss which I really love from lip and cheek tints. I could probably bring a lip and cheek tint with my daily make-up bag to make room for more products.

So let's get to the review. Today, I'm going to do a review on Glam Works' Lip and Cheek Tint in "Strawberry Red" and "Peach Pink". From their packaging, they actually look the same and I actually felt that they're in the same color but then I was wrong.

Strawberry Red (Left), Peach Pink (Right)

Glam Works Lip and Cheek Tint

Swatches for Strawberry Red and Peach Pink.


Let's start with the Strawberry Red. I actually got this color first before "Peach Pink" because pink lip products doesn't really compliment my lip color. So, I got the strawberry red. The color is a really light red color which I really love with a shiny appearance.

Strawberry Red applied to my lips.

It's not that glossy and it's not greasy at all. It doesn't even feel so heavy like most lip products do. For me, the consistency of Strawberry Red is better than the "Peach Pink" because it is more creamy and glides on perfectly on my lip and cheeks. It doesn't really show much when applied to skin but it gives color and glow to my cheeks.


After several times contemplating if I should get the "Peach Pink" shade and decided to give it a try. When I got home I instantly removed it from the packaging to see if it would fit my skin. I think it does, but I just don't look so natural with them. I tried using it for school and it actually works better on my cheeks. It's a bright pink color which I don't usually like but I think this one is an exception.
Peach Pink applied on my bare lips.

I actually like the color of this one because you could work with it. And as I have said earlier, Strawberry Red is more creamy than Peach Pink. Peach Pink looked really dry when I first opened it, but then, the consistency got better after using it for few times.


Both shade/flavor actually smells like strawberry and peaches. They smell so good that I got addicted to it and I wanna smell them all day long. They're actually really pigmented. Well, I love pigmented stuffs. The downside of this product is that it doesn't last that long. For me at least it stays for few hours with random biting and eating.

The packaging is just a simple jar with the name and shade of the product on the top portion of its cover while at it's bottom part is where you could see the Batch Number and the Expiration Date which is really important in labeling of cosmetics.

I was not able to take photos of it on my cheeks because I'm having a break out and it sucks.

Overall, I like to use Strawberry Red on my lips better than the Peach Pink, but I actually like Peach Pink better for my cheeks. I actually combine them sometimes on my lips to create a gradient effect.

I would gladly repurchase them again. It's really cheap at Php 75-79 from Watsons and a very great product.

How about you? What do you feel about these products?

Note: Pictures might not depict the real colors of the lip and cheek tints, but it's the best setting that the color looks like the same as in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment