Saturday 29 June 2013

[REVIEW] VASELINE Lip Therapy

Hey guys! So here's another review on a lip product. When I was walking through the lip counters in Watsons, where they sell Lip Smacker, Lip Ice, Baby Lips, Chapstick etc., I found this product, the Vaseline Lip Therapy. I wasn't originally buying this but I realized that I needed one because my lips always gets chapped and normally it would last for a week! So, I decided to grab this one. They had it in two kinds: the original one and the Cherry one. I go the Cherry one because I'm obsessed with lip products that has scent and taste.

Vaseline Lip Therapy in Cherry

It came in a small tube at 10g. It came in with it's red cap which is a "screw-like" cap and with a very simple label which I actually like. At the back portion, you could actually see complete labeling information. It has the Active Ingredient, Use, Warning, Inactive Ingredients, Contact Numbers, Manufacturing details and I think they also have the Batch Number. It's a huge plus for me! Though it didn't come in it's expiration date, I don't really care. I know it's important. It's a Vaseline we're talking about! They have the same active ingredient, the White Petrolatum, USP. Our Vaseline Petroleum Jelly lasts forever by the way. So, when you open the "screw-like" cap, you'll see the opening of the product. The "portal of exit" of the product. I find it really unique because most of the lip products that came in a tube came in a slanted flat tip to dispense the product but this one is actually round-headed! I find it so cool!!

Back of the tube

Red screw-like cap.



The product just mainly contains White Petrolatum, USP just like the usual Vaseline. Well, I could say that they're definitely the same. The main reason that I bought is because I know that Petroleum Jelly works best on your lips. I know, why shouldn't I have the petroleum jelly on my lips then? Well, because 1) I believe that every product is made for a purpose and this is product is made especially for the lips! 2) It is so handy. 3)Petroleum jelly gets really messy on my hands as I get a product. With this I could just pop it outside my bag and place small amount of the product on my forefinger and place them on my lips while my teacher is discussing without them knowing that I'm already applying my lip therapy. It came in as a clear and colorless lip product.



I actually like this very much. I use them at least twice a day. I use it after I do my skincare routine even before I sleep. My lips get chapped on the summer. I know, most people have their lips chapped at winter or cold season but I actually have them when it's hot. It usually takes too long to treat it but with this, I think it made wonders on me. It might not instantly work for a day but it gets better! I make sure that this product is in my beauty essential kit on my bag. I need them! I like the fact that it doesn't have color. I know it said on the packaging that it is Cherry, and I assure you it is. It tastes and smells like cherries! I also actually use this product as my base when applying my lip tints because they'll look better. They'll look more vibrant. So yeah. This one could be one of my "products that I couldn't live without" alongside with my Caladryl Lotion.

Anyway, it's not that long lasting but i actually love it. I know some reviewers would say, "Oh, you're just putting a wax on your lips." But mind you, it's actually does it jobs on me. Some people might prefer the chapstick but I actually like this better. It costs me more or less Php75.00 I think? I don't remember pretty well but yeah, they're good on my opinion.

Have you tried this product yet? Any experiences with other lip therapies that works well on chapped lips? Comment below your suggestions. I'll talk to you guys later! Bye. :)


~Jenn

5 comments:

  1. Hey sis, where do you buy your Vaseline Lip Therapy? I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for not replying for too long, I found mine at my local Watsons. :) just like what miss acel and an anonymous reader said. Thank you for reading my post. :)

      Delete
  2. Try watsons. It's usually stacked with those of Maybelline's Baby Lips, Chapstick, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was there ever the vaseline therapy rosy lips at watsons?

    ReplyDelete