Friday 22 March 2013

[BATTLE] LBC Express vs. JRS Express

I've been eyeing on some items but I couldn't buy it here in my place because there were no stalls near us. So, I decided to buy online (Ebay) and luckily, they have the product that I've been looking for. Of course, since it is online, it needs to be shipped for me to have it.

I actually ended up buying in two different sellers. With that, they actually have different courier. One is JRS Express and the other one was LBC Express. Budget wise, you could probably save more if you're using JRS Express. For a a small pouch in LBC, I was asked for Php155 and for JRS, I was asked for Php125 in the large pouch. Well, actually, LBC's pouch is bigger. I mean, the pouch that my seller used was actually for letters so yep.

But you know, it's my first time buying online and it just so happen that I had two transactions with different courier and with that, I tried using both their tracking system online. Even though there were some people who have problems on tracking their parcels/package, I was amazed how LBC updated their delivery information. Reading reviews online, I actually thought that it's not going to work out. I ended up wrong though. I could see the location of my parcel and what time it was delivered in the branch where I'm going to pick it up.

But sadly, I was really devastated with JRS' tracking system. Everytime I check on their system, all I could get was "We could not find your query, please contact our customer service hotline" or worst, "Invalid tracking number". Holy cow! How could I monitor my parcel then? I'm certain that the tracking number that I'm entering was right! Good thing (I don't even know if I really consider it good) that I found their facebook page. They actually reply really fast. Faster than Air21. But when I asked through message about the location of my parcel, they took too much time to reply saying that I'll be having it the same date that I'll be receiving my parcel from LBC after the lunch break. Yay!

LBC Express Tracking System

JRS Express Tracking System

So, I actually went to LBC and JRS today hoping that it is ready to pick up. And TADA! I got my package from LBC Express. Hohoho! I'm really excited to open them but I actually restricted myself but I ended up opening them anyway. Hehe.. Excited freak here..

However, I actually went to JRS Express twice. First was at 10am and as expected, it wasn't there yet and I said I'll just check it again later. So I went to school and went back at around. I was expecting for my parcel and brought with me a backpack so that I would be putting it there to prevent any hassle. BUT! I came back home with nothing. :( I actually went to facebook and asked about the status of my parcel and they actually told me that it is already in my branch and I was like HOLY COW! I went there twice and got nothing and I actually learned that it should be there already?! Just seriously. The personnel there was actually unfriendly especially the first guy that accommodated me. I'll go there tomorrow, first thing in the morning.

_____
The next day,

I went there to check if my parcel is already there at 12 noon and to my dismay, they said that I should come back at 3pm instead. Just seriously! But then they were friendlier than the other day so I let them through. At 3:30 pm, I got in their branch to check if my item is already there. And finally! The long wait is over. I got my items today! Yahoo!!! I'm gonna do a Ebay haul after this post so yep!

Budget wise, I'll go with JRS Express. I know it looks like I paid more than the shipping fee I paid for LBC but then again, we need to take in considerations. But then, service wise, LBC was more accommodating so I'll choose them. I know there were some problems that other people encountered through LBC, but my experience was better there. Well, maybe because the parcel came from different places, but the thing that they said in JRS' customer service was contrary to what the branch actually tells me. So overall, for now, I'll go with LBC.

Any experiences with them that might be contrary to my experiences are beyond my powers.

32 comments:

  1. LBC has not yet taken down their older website... and if you enter your tracking number there, you get an error...

    their less older website correctly returns the tracking info... but it loads slower than the older website, so some people choose as an alternative... and it comes out #2 in google...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? what do you mean by their older website? i mean I just recently tracked my sister's package and it was working. I'll check on that

      Delete
  2. that jrs express tracking service just doesn't work!!! I hate them...
    CHOOSE LBC...ITS SO CONVENIENT AND FAST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's their downside. The good thing is, my package from JRS (base on my experience) still comes on time. :) Thanks for reading my post. :)

      Delete
  3. Too much "actually" in this article. Grammar is just pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, watch out, we got a Grammar Nazi here.

      Delete
    2. Well, I'm sorry. English is not my first language. I may not be as good as you. I may not be as perfect as you. But why have you kept yourself anonymous? You should be proud that you're good in grammar. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll try to improve as I go on with this blog. Thanks for reading anyway. :)

      Delete
    3. Grammar Nazi, you got a thing about stalking bloggers and correcting their grammars eh? But guess what, of all Asians its only us Pilipinos who could write Blogs in English well...a few Asian neighbors do too or try too.

      Delete
    4. ---> "Filipinos" the right spelling

      Delete
    5. filipino- language
      Pilipino- man/ person

      Delete
    6. I don't care if your grammar sucks baby girl. you're still cute as hell. :)

      Delete
  4. it's a blog not a writing contest, hello. she's just expressing herself. duh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for giving time and reading my post. :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for your review, it was helpful. ;) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i recently sent something through lbc. service was good but i found it a bit expensive. any idea how much the smallest package would cost if i send through jrs ? i paid php 165 to lbc. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure. I think you could pay 90php as the cheapest at jrs. You could go and check their site

      Delete
  8. My Parcels thru JRS arrive on time while LBC are always delayed. I still use them both cause some areas do not have JRS offices nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. That's too bad. But at least your parcels came. :) I hope jrs could expand in other places too.

      Delete
  9. how about sending packages international? I only tried lbc. Took 4 days to reach Italy. Not bad I think but dabg it's expensive lol spent 2,400 pesos for a 6 inches plushie in a box.. I'll try jrs next time and share my experience. Great blog by the way. . informative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really sorry I cannot tell you about international shipping for both the couriers because I haven't tried it yet.

      Delete
  10. Had bad experience with LBC. I sent my item a cue stick. They told me it needed to be pack in 1in styro and way high expensive. I bought a 1in thick styro and bubble wrapped to make sure mu cue stick would not be warp. They pack way too wrong. I even told them they wrap it wrong possibly itll end up wrap. They dont even listen. So my buyer recieve the item in warp form. So i had to give back his money and send back the item. I even complaint and followup mu complaint. Nothings happen to my complaint until now. I still love JRS because they deliver my item on time. Even if its provincial its a next day delivery. I never use LBC since that incident happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. That's too bad. We have different experiences for both couriers indeed. But still it's good that at least JRS works for you. :)

      Delete
  11. Interesting! How do you think of LBC Express Parcel Tracking and JRS Express tracking?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its Super Easy now to get a hold of your cargo and colis prive packages

    ReplyDelete