Monday 24 June 2013

[REVIEW] AIDO Magic Lipstick

Magic Lipstick is actually a color changing lipstick. They have different vibrant color (yellow, blue, violet, orange) on the outside but when you swatch it on your lips, it would turn into a very pretty color. I first heard it from my mom when I was a little bit younger. She had this golden lipstick that I was always afraid to use but then I later realize that it turns to a bold red color.

Now, back in the recent time. South Korea has recently been bringing out color changing balms. I think Tony Moly has one with a black kitty on it's cap. Philippines have their own version and retained "Magic Lipstick" as a name. I've seen Careline (which I was so tempted to buy), Ever Bilena (which I absolutely like) and I've seen Aido (which I'm going to review right now).

This came in three shades/flavors. I got the number 2 shade because it is yellow and I was hoping that it would look as good as my Ever Bilena one  (I have it in Lemon btw). They didn't have the tester so I was a little bit hesitant to buy. But because of it's cheap price Php50, I told to myself that it wouldn't waste a lot of money right?

The packaging came in a clear plastic with the brand name and some sparkly print on the top part. I actually really love the packaging. It is so simple which I usually like and it really looks good. The shade number is printed in a clear sticker.
Isn't it so pretty?





The product. I hate to admit it but I really hate it. Not to sound rude or anything but the smell itself made me not use it on my lips. It smells like chemicals that I would probably be using on my laboratory exercises in school for Inorganic Medicinals. Okay, I'll give you a hint on how it smells. It smells so like a muriatic acid, the concentrated one. Yes guys, the thing that you probably use when you're cleaning your bathrooms. I never had the courage to bring this near my lips because of the irritating smell and I was worried that I would be putting muriatic acid on my lips. Agh! I don't know if it's just the product that I have but...I expected too much. I actually swatched it on the back of my hands and it looked so pretty. But...I needed to get a sanitizer and alcohol to remove the smell of it.


Eww! My hand looks so flaky and yuck! I sincerely apologize.

I wish they made it smell a little bit better because I actually like the color. I don't know if every magic lipstick of Aido are the same but here's the Lot number and manufacturing date of the product in my hands.



To sum it up. I hate this product. I try so hard to put this on my lips but the smell is really strong. I hate products that has unwanted smell on it, especially this one. This is actually my worst buy ever since I started collecting make up. I wouldn't recommend it especially if the products are all the same.


Did you have the same product? Did you also had this "muriatic acid" smell on it? Have you tried it on your lips? Do you have recommendations or request on what should I make a review next? Comment below and let me know if it's just my product that has this bad smell.


~Jenn

2 comments: