Thursday 26 February 2015

[REVIEW] JORDANA Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

So here's another review (I've been active lately eh?). Another mascara to follow up from my latest mascara review.


I got this from Nyxwholesaleph which is already MakeUpInboxPh. You could go and check them out. They have bunch of American makeup. It's a pre-order site though so you need to wait for at least a month before it arrives on your doorstep. But hey, it's worth the wait. They offer the cheapest price anyway.

So back with the review, I got it for Php 145 pesos. Pretty cheap for a mascara.

I got this mainly because of the raves on youtube, blog posts and everywhere so I was intrigued with this product. Let's see if this lives up my expectations.


PACKAGING
I got it in a 301 Black. I believe they only came out with one color. The packaging came in a black tube with purple print on it. It came in sealed when I first got it which I really appreciate.


I like how on point the shade and shade number on the bottom of the tube.


On the back part of the tube, it has the shade, the amount of product, address of the manufacturer, website and on how long does it take before tossing it on the bin. 


I love the wand on this mascara. It's not too huge and it doesn't poke my eyes.

(Close up look on the wand)


As you see, there are lots of product on the stopper. How did I manage to do that? Well, it's because of a downside of this mascara. When you pull out the mascara, it gets more products than you actually needed and I hate it. They placed stopper on the opening of the tube, why isn't it doing it's job?

UPDATE: I use the excess product as an eyeliner using an angled brush and I actually like how it turned out. What I do is I first draw a line on mu upper lids which serves as my basis, then I take the angled brush and follow the black pencil liner that I placed and tada! A super black eyeliner that dries easily on my lids.


APPLICATION
Moment of truth! Here's the mascara on action.


Look at those bare lashes.I was so tired so you could see my under circles. And, my eyes are naturally puffy so I really cannot do anything against it.


You see, you really can't see my lashes. (This photo made my eyes so light, maybe because of the lighting)


So that's a thin coat of mascara. Wait, no. This is not a thin coat. I think saying that this is one coat is better.


It gave me that volume, yes. But It clamped on my lashes like crazy. You really cannot tell it on my photos but I fixed it with the tip of an eyeshadow brush. I blame the stopper!


You see, it gave me volume than I wanted. It curled my lashes pretty well. I don't curl my lashes but this does the job, at least for me.



PERFORMANCE
Honestly, I'm not really into this mascara. For me, the formula is pretty heavy and somehow after application, I could still feel how wet it is, though when I blink, it doesn't really smudge on me. I don't see myself wearing this often. I usually go for natural looking lashes. 

I don't know but I prefer my San San Mascara. It doesn't claim to be waterproof but it stays on all day, considering how hot and humid is it, here in the Philippines.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't use this forever, but I just hope that they do something on the stopper, make it narrower or something. The formula is good, the wand is good. My only problem is on how the bristles gets too much product which makes my lashes clamp. What I do is I wipe off the bristles on the edges of the opening of the tube and separate my lashes with something.

I can't see myself placing an order for this mascara again, not unless they change the stopper.


That's it for this review. I might be posting another review on Jordana products soon, so watch out for that.

Did this review help you? Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts? Write your thoughts on the comment box.

For business inquiries, email me at: grnjnfr@gmail.com


~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment