Sunday 22 February 2015

Tips on Buying Online

Okay! I'm sorry if I've been gone for so long. I'm sorry for not replying to your comments and I know there is no right explanation for that, but I'm here now so I hope you forgive me. :)

Lots of people buy products from online due to its inavailability of a certain products in their places and buying online would cost less money. Let's face it. Mall price for drugstore cosmetics from the US is really expensive especially here in the Philippines. So here are just some tips that may or may not help you on your next purchase online.

Mainly, this post is about buying your cosmetics online. Online sellers are everywhere. We have them on instagram, facebook and some have their own sites. Some online sellers offers it onhand but there are also sellers who offers preorder to let you choose what your really want. Though, you'll need to wait a little longer.

There are five main things I consider when I buy online. One is the product that I really want to buy, and then, the seller I'm going to buy my items, and then the pricing, then thr payment and last but not the least their customer service. Let's discuss it one by one.


1. PRODUCT
Before anything else, you should know which products you are going to buy. Since it is online, colors, undertones, textures and other stuffs could not be seen through the seller's page. What I fo is I usually go to google and search for that particular product that I wanted to buy. Reading reviews and insights from other people who've tried it would give you an idea on how the makeup works. There are swatches online that would give you idea how they look like. I found a site which could match the foundation that you know your shade and gives you your corresponding shade. Iy is findation.com I believe. I haven't really tried it but I heard from a filipina youtuber that she tried it and I think it matches her. Also, I usually go to youtube to watch for first impression videos, swatches or reviews. I usually go to itsjudytime since she has an oily combo skin but mostly I go to anneclutz since she have oily skin and she's also living in the same country as me. These also helps even if you buy at your local department stores.

2. SELLER
Choosing the right seller is really hard. You could go and ask your friends on where they buy their cosmetics or look through the reviews and see where they bought their products. Since there are already lots of sellers online, it is really hard to choose on whom we could trust. Looking through the seller's feedbacks (comments, wall posts, tagged posts) would give you an idea on the satisfaction they gave to their consumers. Look for a seller who could satisfy yout needs and wants. Also, there are lots of sellers who are actually selling fake products so you should be aware of that.

3. PRICING
Online sellers offers different prices for their profucts and shipping. What I usually do is to look for the original price of the prodyct and convert it into our currency. Sometimes, it serves as my basis if the products that they are selling is authentic. Ok, it's noy 100% assurance that this will prove that they are authetic but those sellers who sells it lower than their original rlprice is insane. Who would want to loose a buck and loose profit? No one. They also need to pay for the freights  and transportation to get those products.

4. PAYMENT DETAILS
I do not have pay pal or credit card. Can I still buy online? Of course! Most of the online sellers do not have one either. They usually go for over the counter bank services or online transfer. But before placing an order and check out the products, you'll need to check first the availability of the bank in your place. What if you only have BPI on your place but they only accept payment from BDO. That's going to be a pain in the ass and sellers may think that you are a bogus buyer.

5. CUSTOMER SERVICE
Ok, this post is getting too long but we're on the last part so yay. :) Customer service is really important for me. You could get their contact informations through their information section. You could call, viber, text or send them email. The way they respond to their clients makes a huge impression for me. It makes me feel confident somehow to buy their products if they have good customer service. This will ensure you that they could give you answers even after shipping. You could also see how they respond to their buyers on hoe they reply on queries and questions posted.



So that's it. It was quite long and I hope this helps in your next purchase. Again, I'm sorry for being gone for the past few months but I've got lots of products on my list that I will do a review on this blog soon. :) if you have requests or questions, feel free to ask on the comment section below. I'll do my best to reply as much as I can.

Do you have more tips when you buy online? Post them below to help others as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment